Support your students with a deeper understanding of this book through vocabulary, in-depth comprehension, retelling practice, story elements, brainstorming, worksheets, and more!
This Interactive Read Aloud Resource Includes:
- All about interactive read alouds
- Tips & tricks for effective, easy read alouds
- Read aloud color-coded planner for 2 read alouds
- Sticky note printables
- Print & cut notes
- Vocabulary resources include word cards with definitions and sentences, suggestions, and a worksheet.
- 3 mini-charts to use for brainstorming and connecting, perfect for a document camera.
- 5 reading connections/retelling worksheets with differentiation options.
- Controlling Your Volcano Resources
- Louis’s No Erupting Charts: Individual chart (5.5×4.25in), mini-chart 8.5×11 for a doc. cam and the supplies for a large anchor chart.
- Control Our Volcano whole class incentive and bracelet.
- Tips for printing on sticky notes
- Sticky note template to use when printing
Students will love engaging and digging into amazing picture books. Teachers will love how easy it is to plan and give a comprehensive read aloud that will support understanding. Students will be on the edge of their seats as they listen to and engage with the story to practice important common core skills including predicting, retelling, connecting, identifying key story elements, and answering questions based on the text and illustrations.
Please note: While many of the questions and discussion points are common core aligned, each read aloud does not focus on any one specific skill. Most of my read alouds focus on several key skills vital for kinder, first, and second grade readers.
It has been a great resource for teaching and enhancing the oral language of all students. Interactive read alouds are an integral part of any reading or literacy program.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID:
⭐️ Marissa M. is extremely satisfied and says, “This is BY FAR the best interactive read aloud resource I have ever used. I wish I had a resource by this seller for every read aloud book on our school list. I LOVED every minute of teaching this IRA. My students loved it too. I liked the fact that the resources are so thorough so you don’t miss anything in your discussions. There was plenty of material/activities for the entire week. Thank you for making such a great product. I know a great deal of time and effort went into creating this resource.”
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Copyright © Paige Bessick – The Interactive Teacher
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.